Business Development Prospector
|Job Title: Business Development Prospector||Department: Sales|
|Reports To: Gabe Draper||Salary Grade: $75K-$125K|
|Original Issue Date: 11/4/17||Revision Date:11/4/17|
|Employee Status X Full – Time __ Part – Time||FSLA Status: _X__Exempt Non Exempt|
PURPOSE OF JOB:
Prospect new business opportunities for outsourced prospecting clients. Serve multiple accounts identifying leads and setting up appointments.
- Achieve pre-determined sales quotes through prospecting. This process includes but is not limited to identifying and qualifying specific buyers, initiating campaigns, following up on prospect inquires, and setting up appointments with customers ensuring all sign-off procedures are adhered to.
- Manage 4-6 accounts through building stronger relationships with customers, gaining a thorough understanding of their requirements and long term goals, informing customers of company’s new developments, products, service, and troubleshooting and resolving any and all problems.
- Assist in development of business strategies to ensure achievement of sales targets. This is accomplished by understanding market requirements, company objectives, product capabilities and future industry development trends.
- Generate revenue by forecasting business and market needs.
- Formulate and implement sales strategy.
- Achieve sales targets and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Prepare and submit sales contracts for orders.
- Visit establishments to evaluate needs or to promote product or service sales.
- Maintain customer records, using automated systems.
- Answer customers’ questions about products, prices, availability, or credit terms.
- Quote prices, credit terms, or other bid specifications.
- Contact new or existing customers to discuss how specific products or services can meet their needs.
- Emphasize product features based on analyses of customers’ needs and on technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations.
- Prepare sales presentations or proposals to explain product specifications or applications.
- Complete expense reports, sales reports, or other paperwork.
- Verify that delivery schedules meet project deadlines.
- Identify prospective customers using business directories, leads from existing clients, participation in organizations, or trade show or conference attendance.
- Inform customers of estimated delivery schedules, service contracts, warranties, or other information pertaining to purchased products.
- Collaborate with colleagues to exchange information, such as selling strategies or marketing information.
- Provide customers with ongoing technical support.
- Advise customers on product usage to improve production.
- Study documentation or other information for new scientific or technical products.
- Stock or distribute resources, such as samples or promotional or educational materials.
- Attend sales or trade meetings or read related publications to obtain information about market conditions, business trends, environmental regulations, or industry developments.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Five (5) years of experience prospecting.
- Detail Orientated — Giving full attention to all aspects understanding causes instead of just effects
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Coordination — Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Time Management — Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Service Orientation — Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Customer Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
|% of Time||Core Function|
|20%||Account/Decision Maker Research|
- Must be fluent in use of Google apps
- Must be fluent in navigation of Salesforce
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- 20/20 vision acuity with correction and no red/green color blindness
- Able to lift 25 – 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand for three (3) hours at a time
- Able to make coordinated hand and finger movements to grasp and manipulate objects
The above is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
As duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.